Since the middle of last year, I have become obsessed with health blogger and cookbook author Jessica Sepel! I felt I could relate a lot to what she’s been through and her recipes are really easy and doable for someone with as little time and skill as me.
A few weeks ago, I was fortunate to attend the Dinner with Jessica Sepel, hosted by GoodnessMe Box. In the beautiful location of The Blue Room in Bondi Beach, the evening began with some delicious salads and a talk from Jessica, answering previously sent in questions and giving us lots of advice on healthy eating, exercise and overall wellbeing. This was followed by a delicious dinner of some of her recipes: I got the chicken on a bed of cauliflower and it was so delicious! Then time for a Q&A and some health sweet treats before book signing.
Some helpful tips I learnt from her include:
– Sleep is crucial! Turn technology off before dinner and enjoy a tech-free evening. Do not switch on until after breakfast.
– To cut sugar cravings, drink some apple cider vinegar in water.
– Don’t get sucked into fad diets and restriction, it won’t work. Instead, aim to eat wholesome food most of the time and allow for indulgences.
– When you get home after a long day, don’t go to the fridge first. Put your bag down, say hello to everyone and then properly think whether or not you are hungry before you eat.
– The 5pm snack is crucial to maintain good eating habits and to avoid overeating at dinner.
It was a really great night and I’m so happy I was able to see this inspiring woman! You should all definitely check her out; she’s written 2 books that compile health advice with recipes that are really great and I’ll link them at the end.
I hope you have a lovely week and I’ll see you in my next post!
PPS Stay tuned for a vlog of the evening that I will upload soon! 🙂